HISTORY OF UNIVERSAL HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH
The humble beginning of the Latter Day Anointing Ministry took place in a small warehouse located in Lewis Yard on Sunday June 5th 1993. This Bible Study session was conducted by Evangelist Ricardo Grant with some 30 persons in attendance; all of whom he led to the Lord through his evangelizing. With no electricity and furniture accessible at the time, Evangelist Grant stood towards the sun with the Bible in his hands as the attendees sat on the ground hungry for the Word of God.
Conditions rapidly changed while word got around about the powerful studies that were being held. Because of the evangelistic anointing that rested heavily on Grants life, souls came to know the Lord in large numbers at these gatherings. As attendance grew, the Bible Study sessions developed into Church Services.
It was during this time God used Evangelist Grant to teach, develop and introduce the powerful but revolutionary essence of Praise and Worship incorporated into Church Services. The presence of the Lord that filled the warehouse could literally be felt, as the people praised with all their might and worshipped the true and living God. People came from the east and west ends of the island to experience God's tangible presence whiles pre-exposed to the fundamentals of praise and worship.
This new approach to Praise & Worship in church services was soon challenged but the grace of God kept Evangelist Grant encouraged. While the Ministry grew, a deeper desire for God's glory manifested in these gatherings; and thus, Countdown To Glory Conference was birth in August of the same year and held at the Camelot Room.
The Conference speakers were all Evangelists from the island of Grand Bahama. During this Conference, God whispered into Evangelist Grant's heart and spirit, "Galatians 6:10 and Ephesians 2:19; this Ministry has been called to the universe with a global mission and mandate". With this confirmation in his spirit the ministry was properly renamed UNIVERSAL HOUSEHOLD OF FAITH.
God's increasing anointing on Evangelist Grant's life was evident and noted. Hence, Universal Household of Faith was officially commissioned and Evangelist Grant was ordained as Pastor on 4th June 1994 at the Church Of God Hawksbill under the presiding Bishop Leslie Woodside along with other clergymen.
From the embryo stages through today, Universal Household of Faith has stood against all the odds and remains standing strong. With a membership of over six hundred members, Bishop Ricardo Grant and the church family of Universal Household Of Faith continues in pursuit of new levels of God's glory as it fulfills the global mandate of Advancing God's Kingdom.
Universal Household of faith is on the cutting edge as it relates to productive and visioned filled ministries who are impacting lives. From Radio programs to Television programs the Word has been going out, and lives have been and still are been changed. Today Universal Household of Faith has a flourishing, thriving and active ministry with a congregation of over 600 hundred plus members, a team of full time and part time staff members whose focus is centered on building and advancing the Kingdom of God through the Word of God by the leading and direction of the Holy Spirit.
What We Believe
- We believe in the operation and manifestation of the Five-Fold Ministry Gifts. (Ephesians 4:11)
- We believe in one God who is eternal in His existence, Multiple in manifestation and sovereign in His authority.
- We believe that Jesus is the Son of God. He suffered, died, was buried and rose from the dead for our total salvation. (Luke 3:21-22; Philippians 2:5-11).
- We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ atones for our sins and iniquity. It is through His shed blood that we are saved, healed, delivered and set free from the forces of darkness. (Romans 5:9-11).
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the sign of speaking in other tongues. We believe that Christians must be filled daily by using our prayer language, but the evidence of the Holy Spirit's indwelling presence is a changed life. (Acts 2:4; Ephesians 5:18-21).
- We believe that the bible is the infallible Word of God, which cleanses our souls. It holds the words of eternal life and the keys of the Kingdom of God. The bible shows us God's principles and standards for living; and it is the food that sustains us in all circumstances. (St. John 1:14; 2Timothy 3:16-17; 1John 2:5-6).